View previous topic :: View next topic  
BennyNK
Officer

re: Looking for expressions of interest

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369679062

Quote:
Hello Aman'Thul, long time no see....

I'm thinking about making a high skill level, low commitment 10man group (not necessarily guild, as I may just use the NK tag). Currently I am just looking for expressions of interest, but if the right people are interested then I will be creating this guild for progression to start after Easter. I am not desperate, I will only create and continue with this if I can get the right people, you might think I have no right to be strict on rejecting people but it is a sign of my ambition that I will pick and choose who I want to play with.

For those of you who don't know me...
I was the raid leader, and later on the guild leader, of NK. We were the top guild on this realm (top 20 oceanic) back in Wrath of the Lich King, but we were also a force in the previous expansion as well. I like to think of myself as well-respected as a player and leader, but that is only something you can experience first-hand. Suffice to say, ask around amongst the older raiders on this server, and make your own mind up. I quit WoW twice so far, once at the end of BC and then again at the end of WOTLK, both times I felt that I couldn't keep raiding for a period of my life, and now I am back again and trying to decide how to enjoy this game without it consuming my life too much. I only gain enjoyment out of character progression and the social interactions in this game, and the way I see to achieve that is through guilded raiding progression (now that I am max level and can't continue to progress my character beyond heroics).

My goal for this:
My goal is to experience the content with minimal frustrations of playing with bad players and minimal commitment. You will need to share this goal if you want to be a part of this guild. This was the original intention of my work with NK and we achieved our goals, mostly, being the top ranked guild on this server through the previous expansion. However, 25 man raiding was a huge time commitment for me to organise and my motivations were being drawn to becoming a top oceanic guild. Suffice to say, as I get older I have more responsibilities to attend to, and I want to make sure that my gaming experience can be bent around that. Do not expect another NK. I will not be able to be even 1/2 as active as I was during NK's prime, and I will not be able to raid lead. I do intend however, on being the same progressive, motivating force that I have always been and that this server seems to lack without me around. I don't believe you need very much time to beat WoW, this game is relatively easy compared to many others, the main difficulty is getting the right amount of the right type of people online at the same time and keeping them motivated, and this is where my real skill lies.

Essential Information:
Raids will be very short, compared to standard, being 2 hours long and run from 1am-3am server time, on weekdays (preferably Weds, Thurs, and Monday, for me). This is not necessarily the times we will strictly have, but it is just to give you an idea.

We will be starting from scratch but I expect to be able to draw at least some of my old friends, and hopefully some new friends quickly to play with me. If this does happen, I expect to progress quickly and swiftly. The starting date for raiding will be sometime after Easter, and I will be taking the next 4 weeks to decide exactly how I want to run this and who with.

I am searching for someone to share leadership with who can also be an active raid leader. My best skills lie in strategy, putting the right people together in the right place, and long-term motivation. I am looking for someone who can lead on vent and lead by example (good performance).

Final thoughts:
This might succeed or it might fail, but I am just putting the feelers out to see if I can create what I want to. Don't come talk to me with expectations of NK of old, it won't be the same but it will have similarities. I am a significantly more casual player now with significantly more real life commitments, I am looking to provide a low-commitment environment for those of us who are high-skill and want to avoid the frustrations of other weak casual guilds.

If you are interested, talk to me in-game so we can have a discussion.

Kind regards,
Benny
Kapziel

re: Re: Looking for expressions of interest

BennyNK wrote:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369679062

Quote:
Hello Aman'Thul, long time no see....

I'm thinking about making a high skill level, low commitment 10man group (not necessarily guild, as I may just use the NK tag). Currently I am just looking for expressions of interest, but if the right people are interested then I will be creating this guild for progression to start after Easter. I am not desperate, I will only create and continue with this if I can get the right people, you might think I have no right to be strict on rejecting people but it is a sign of my ambition that I will pick and choose who I want to play with.

For those of you who don't know me...
I was the raid leader, and later on the guild leader, of NK. We were the top guild on this realm (top 20 oceanic) back in Wrath of the Lich King, but we were also a force in the previous expansion as well. I like to think of myself as well-respected as a player and leader, but that is only something you can experience first-hand. Suffice to say, ask around amongst the older raiders on this server, and make your own mind up. I quit WoW twice so far, once at the end of BC and then again at the end of WOTLK, both times I felt that I couldn't keep raiding for a period of my life, and now I am back again and trying to decide how to enjoy this game without it consuming my life too much. I only gain enjoyment out of character progression and the social interactions in this game, and the way I see to achieve that is through guilded raiding progression (now that I am max level and can't continue to progress my character beyond heroics).

My goal for this:
My goal is to experience the content with minimal frustrations of playing with bad players and minimal commitment. You will need to share this goal if you want to be a part of this guild. This was the original intention of my work with NK and we achieved our goals, mostly, being the top ranked guild on this server through the previous expansion. However, 25 man raiding was a huge time commitment for me to organise and my motivations were being drawn to becoming a top oceanic guild. Suffice to say, as I get older I have more responsibilities to attend to, and I want to make sure that my gaming experience can be bent around that. Do not expect another NK. I will not be able to be even 1/2 as active as I was during NK's prime, and I will not be able to raid lead. I do intend however, on being the same progressive, motivating force that I have always been and that this server seems to lack without me around. I don't believe you need very much time to beat WoW, this game is relatively easy compared to many others, the main difficulty is getting the right amount of the right type of people online at the same time and keeping them motivated, and this is where my real skill lies.

Essential Information:
Raids will be very short, compared to standard, being 2 hours long and run from 1am-3am server time, on weekdays (preferably Weds, Thurs, and Monday, for me). This is not necessarily the times we will strictly have, but it is just to give you an idea.

We will be starting from scratch but I expect to be able to draw at least some of my old friends, and hopefully some new friends quickly to play with me. If this does happen, I expect to progress quickly and swiftly. The starting date for raiding will be sometime after Easter, and I will be taking the next 4 weeks to decide exactly how I want to run this and who with.

I am searching for someone to share leadership with who can also be an active raid leader. My best skills lie in strategy, putting the right people together in the right place, and long-term motivation. I am looking for someone who can lead on vent and lead by example (good performance).

Final thoughts:
This might succeed or it might fail, but I am just putting the feelers out to see if I can create what I want to. Don't come talk to me with expectations of NK of old, it won't be the same but it will have similarities. I am a significantly more casual player now with significantly more real life commitments, I am looking to provide a low-commitment environment for those of us who are high-skill and want to avoid the frustrations of other weak casual guilds.

If you are interested, talk to me in-game so we can have a discussion.

Kind regards,
Benny

LOL Whyyyyyyy... why tempt me
Bebo
Officer

OOOOO!!!!!!

Hi Kapz Happy

Howdy Bebo!

Still playing?

Bebo
Officer

Kapziel wrote:
Still playing?

Yep, and probably will until they shut it down (or shut me down, whichever comes first :P)

You should just get a free trial account and come chat imo Happy

Jump to: